Monday, August 20, 2012

Tutorial: Roses

I have been in a real nail art mood lately, so I decided it would be fun to try out a design that I have had brewing in my head for a while... a play on a floral denim pattern.  I really love using flowers for nail art.  They are so feminine and dainty

For this design I used OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdamn!, Color Club Poker Face, Ulta Noel, China Glaze Holly-Day, and Kiss Nail Art Paint in White.  I also used a large pointed and small pointed dotting tool to create the roses.

I did the tutorial on a nail wheel so that it would be easier for me to photograph step by step.  

Step 1:

I started out with two coats of OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdamn!

Step 2:


Using the small dotting tool and Kiss Nail Art Paint in White I created a polka dot background.

Step 3:


Using the large dotting tool and Color Club Poker Face I painted 3 large red dots on the nail.

Step 4:


After wiping the large dotting tool clean; I then used it and Ulta Noel to add 3 large light pink dots to the nail.

Step 5:


Using the small dotting tool swirl all the pink and red dots together.  Try and swirl the colors inwards so that it looks like a rose bud when you are finished.  Make sure that you do this quickly after you make the dots.  You will not be able to swirl the dots if they have already dried.

Step 6:


Using the small dotting tools and China Glaze Holly-Day I added two smalls leaves, one on each side of the rose.

Step 7:


Finally I added one coat of Hong Kong Girl top coat which smoothed things and made the flower blend together nicely.



I really love how this came out!  It is just how I imagined it!  Also I can't believe how simple it was to create.  I think this is one of my all time favorite manicures that I have ever done on myself!  I also really love how the color I chose for the background looks very similar to the color of denim to give it that similar look.

Have you ever done a flower manicure?  Leave a comment here, on Facebook, or tweet me @Polish_Paradise!


No comments:

Post a Comment