Thursday, September 6, 2012

Druzy Ring Inspired Nails

Hello friends! I am so sorry that I have not been posting as much lately.  I just started grad school last night and the last few weeks of summer have been very busy!  But today I have a very exciting post for you all!

A couple of weekends ago I went on a weekend trip to Newport, Rhode Island.  It is a very beautiful summer town that has a lot of awesome shops in it.  While looking in one of the shops I found a beautiful cocktail ring that just caught my eye.  It had a beautiful deep blue stone that seemed to have a lot of glitter in it.  I am a sucker for rings and I bought it for myself.  After talking to the woman who owned the store I found out the stone was called Druzy and I have used it to inspire my post today.

For this manicure I used Zoya Frida (from the Fall 2012 Glossy Collection) and Color Club Sugarplum Fairy.  I created the look by using the steps of a typical jelly glitter sandwich.  I started with two coats of Zoya Frida, then I added one coat of Sugarplum Fairy, then I added two more coats of Frida on top.





The bottom two pictures show the ring I bought in comparison to the nails.  The stone is a little darker of a color than the polish that I used, but I still think that it looks really pretty and it has the essence of the stone.  It is a really fun play on a jelly sandwich and I love how it matched my nails.  Usually I am not a matching kind of person, but to me this was really cute.

What do you think of this manicure?  Leave a comment here, on Facebook, or tweet me @Polish_Paradise!


No comments:

Post a Comment